Deep blue and gold is one of my favorite color combinations - it’s sort of an ancient Egyptian vibe, no? This manicure was super easy and I am LOVING it.
Here are the steps:
1. Apply a base coat. I use Orly Bonder ($7.49).
2. Apply 2 coats of a deep blue. I discovered this amazing cult nail brand Rococo Nail Apparel at Space NK. This color is Me Me Me ($16.50). The color is so dark and saturated that you have to clean up messes immediately or it will stain … So have some Beauty Fixation Nail Polish Touch-Up Applicators ($5.00) on hand.
3. Spray with a nail polish dryer spray, if you like.
4. Grab your nail art with tweezers. I used this half moon shape from the Sephora OPI Nail Embellishments Metallic Gold Flower set ($5.00). I’d advise you to buy 2 packs because there are only 10 of these pieces and it’s good to have back up. I used these super pointy Revlon tweezers ($8.99). Lay them on and press down with the tweezer tip.
5. Apply a top coat. I used Orly Won’t Chip ($7.50).
That’s it. Takes a second to get used to holding the tweezer in your opposite hand but otherwise a piece of cake.
** One quick note … I am on the longlist for the Marie Claire Best Beauty Blog award!! If you have a spare second, please VOTE FOR CULT OF PRETTY! Thanks so much! **